Puke Ariki, New Plymouth is an integrated museum, library and visitor information facility that has set a new benchmark in knowledge and cultural heritage service delivery.
We have a full time position for a highly motivated Exhibition Preparator to join the Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. This position sits within the Exhibitions team and will be working on both Temporary and Long term Gallery Renewal exhibition projects. The role will contribute to the production of exhibition displays and associated furniture and fixtures, and the production of exhibition object displays, supports and mounts.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Relevant exhibition production and installation experience, ideally in a museum environment
- Strong understanding of museum/archival collection management best practice and safe object handling principles
- Ability to interpret detailed design and fabrication drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Physically fit and fully capable of fulfilling the role, including climbing ladders, working at heights, work platforms etc.
- Experience in computer and media player based audio visual systems
- Excellent time management
- Experience working in a bi cultural workplace
- Current driver's licence
At the New Plymouth District Council we aim to create and sustain a truly rewarding workplace environment for our staff. You can expect to start in this role with us between $45,545-$49,505. We have also put together an integrated Total Rewards Framework that spans Wellbeing, Development, Benefits, Culture and Recognition. The NPDC Total Rewards Framework provides a diverse range of opportunities and benefits for our staff.
If you are interested in joining the team at Puke Ariki and have the energy and enthusiasm for this busy role, then we want to hear from you!