MA Sponsor the Open Palace Programme Bursary for 2024
The Open Palace Programme is a unique hands-on experiences for students and emergent professionals behind the scenes in some of the UK's finest palaces and heritage sites and museums, working with and learning from the consummate professionals who care for them.
The Open Palace Programme is also also excellent experience for librarians and educators in the process of changing to a career in heritage and museums.
The Open Palace Programme will give you a new perspective on heritage specialisms and how they are actually practiced on site including conservation, collections management, interpretation, education and crafting the visitor experience.
Museums Aotearoa Bursary
This bursary is worth £750 and when awarded will be deducted from the full OPP fee for 2024.
Recipients will contribute an article about their experience to Museums Aotearoa.
To apply for the bursary you must be:
- A citizen of New Zealand and
- A Museums Aotearoa member (either Individual or Affiliated through your organisation) at the time of application.
You will be asked to complete a short form explaining your eligibility.
The bursary is competitive, and will be awarded to the candidate who demonstrates:
- Clear and sustained commitment to gaining practical experience in the sector
- Ability to reflect productively on their experience
- Cogent and coherent reason for attending the Programme
Eligibility (valid MA membership) will be verified by Museums Aotearoa.
The award will be adjudicated by The Open Palace Programme in collaboration with Museums Aotearoa.